Sorry to spoil the moment! We know how exciting this time of year can be for your little ones (and to be honest, we don’t blame them!), but the increased intake of chocolate can heavily impact your child’s oral health.
A recent report from the Royal College of Surgeons shared that extractions among under-fives in the UK has risen by 24% in the last 10 years.
With this in mind, our toothbrushing friend, Bobbie, thought it would be a good idea for us to share his guide to best brushing ready for the Easter break. Here it is:
- Start a dental routine right from the offset. Baby teeth start developing before babies are even born so it’s important to keep your little one’s mouth clean from day one.
- Use toothpaste which contains xylitol and fluoride. Xylitol fights the acid-producing bacteria that causes tooth decay and fluoride strengthens the enamel of your child’s teeth. Check out our range here.
- Divide your little one’s mouth into 4 sections and spend 30 seconds brushing each department. Our electric toothbrushes can help with this! Check it out here.
- Brush your teeth for 2 minutes, twice a day. Sugar feeds on bacteria in the mouth, and when bacteria feeds, it poops! Not a nice thought is it? Keep it clean!
- Start flossing! Our FlossBrush cleans out all the food stuck between your little one’s teeth, helping prevent tooth decay, gum disease and bad breath.
For tips on how to manage the process of your little one’s oral health, click here.
Need some help? As a small Easter treat, we’ll send you some toothbrushing samples to use over the Easter break. All you have to do is email email@example.com with your little one’s gender and age. Hurry, ends Tuesday 18th April 2017!