Healthy Toothy Smiles
Teething can be a tricky time but keeping your little one’s teeth and gums clean will help avoid gum inflammation and pain caused when food and bacteria get caught under tiny gums flaps. As soon as their first pearly white pops up, it’s time to buy your munchkin’s first toothbrush! Introducing a healthy dental care routine for your little one now will help protect their new baby teeth from decay and instil healthy habits they will grow up with and take into adulthood.
What do I need to do?
- Brush from the very first tooth! Even one new baby tooth can get covered with plaque, so make sure introduce tooth brushing twice a day as soon as the first tooth makes an appearance.
- Choose a toothbrush with soft bristles and a small brush-head.
- Ensure toothless gums also get a clean with a soft flannel or DentalWipe
- Choose a toothpaste with a gentle flavour and the correct level of fluoride for their age. Many young children cannot tolerate strong flavours, including mint. Only use a SMEAR of toothpaste, this way they won't swallow too much fluoride.
- Give your little one a teether to soothe sore gums - you can even cool it in the fridge for them. Brush-Baby teethers are designed to reach teething gums, even back teeth. They have textured, bristled and squashy surfaces to help clean gums while giving your baby something to bite down and chew on.
- If your little one likes to chew their toothbrush, give them our Chewable Toothbrush to chomp on. It is designed to clean teeth and gums while it's chewed.
Brush-Baby products to help you
The Brush-Baby Chewable Toothbrush
With soothing camomile for teething gums
Get the advice you need, direct to your inbox!
Sign up for our SmileStones programme and get monthly emails with advice and top tips, tailored to your child’s age and stage. You'll also get exclusive access to competitions, special offers and more! Whether it’s teething woes or brushing battles, we can help.